How it Works:
Fill out a Delivery Request Form
We pair you with a volunteer who is assigned to complete your delivery request. The volunteer will call before delivery to confirm a delivery time.
You can pay for your delivery by:
- Using Venmo or PayPal after the items are delivered. Venmo/Paypal are preferred because they require no exchange of physical materials and are 100% virtual. Click here to learn more about Venmo and Paypal.
- You may not pay using cash/check. This is to ensure your safety.
- NOTE: When reimbursing your delivery driver, consider adding a little extra to cover the cost of gas, gloves, hand sanitizer, and other products that keep our service running. This is completely optional, don’t feel the need to tip if you are unable to.
Your volunteer will leave the supplies at your front door and await confirmation that you have received them before they leave. Volunteers will call you when they have arrived, so be attentive to the front door and your phone. They will leave the receipt in the bag as well in order to ensure transparency.
Ensuring your Safety:
At Neighbors4Seniors, we recognize risks that the elderly, disabled, immunocompromised, and individuals with pre-existing conditions in our communities face, even with contactless delivery. This risk drives us to ensure that our volunteers take every precaution possible to ensure your safety. Risk cannot be entirely eliminated, but our volunteer safety guidelines minimize the risk of transmission and infection as much as possible.
Prior to joining Neighbors4Seniors, volunteers must confirm that they:
- Have not traveled out of the country in the past 14 days
- Are not exhibiting signs of sickness (runny nose, cough, fever, loss of taste, smell,
shortness of breath, etc.)
- Have not come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in
the last 14 days
- Have been diligently practicing social distancing protocol
Neighbors4Seniors also requires volunteers to take additional precautions such as:
- Wearing a mask and gloves while shopping and delivering
- Avoiding touching unnecessary items
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20
seconds or using hand sanitizer before shopping
- Sneezing or coughing into their elbow
- Disinfecting their cart before and after use
- Practicing social distancing to the greatest possible extent while shopping – volunteers
must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from other shoppers at all times
- Using self-checkout kiosks (if available)
Neighbors4Seniors emphasizes a no-contact policy for deliveries. Volunteers will place items at your door, knock, and return to their vehicles. Volunteers will wait for confirmation that you have received your supplies before leaving. If you do not answer the door, they will call you to make sure you get the supplies at your front door. Under no circumstances should you make direct physical contact with any volunteer. This is for your safety.